If you’ve ever been at a party and someone asks you what you do for work, and then they respond with, “Oh, that’s so interesting!” instead of “What is that?” or “Where can I find out more?” then it’s probably because your marketing plan was a little lacking. The truth is: creating a killer digital marketing strategy can be difficult. There are so many moving parts in modern marketing and advertising that it can be hard to keep track of how all those pieces fit together. And if this sounds like something you need help with, we’re here to help! We’ve created this step-by-step guide on how to create a digital marketing strategy from start to finish (in five easy steps).
1. Set up goals.
The first step in creating a killer digital marketing plan is to set up goals. Goals are what you want to accomplish through your marketing efforts, and they should be specific and measurable so that you can evaluate how well your campaign is doing in terms of achieving them.
For example, one goal could be “Increase website traffic by 25% over the next 6 months.” This goal has three things:
- A specific timeframe (6 months)
- A numerical increase (25%)
- The website as its target
2. Define your target audience.
Now that you have your goals, it’s time to define your target audience. Who are the people who will benefit from what you’re offering? What do they need and want? How can you reach them most effectively?
There are many ways to define a target audience–by age group, location or lifestyle choice (e.g., active parents). Some businesses may even have several distinct audiences they want to reach depending on what they offer (for example, if one product appeals primarily to teenagers while another targets retirees). Once again: don’t worry about getting everything right at first–just start brainstorming ideas for how best to reach these potential customers
3. Determine where your audience hangs out online and how they use the internet.
Knowing your audience is critical for any marketing effort. You need to know who they are, where they live and how much time they spend online in order to create a strategy that will work for them.
- Age range: The older people get the less time they have on their hands but the more money they tend to make
- Income level: The higher the income level of your audience the more likely it is that they will be able to afford products or services that are marketed towards them
- Location: Your target market could be located anywhere in the world so make sure you take into account where this location might be when considering what type of content would appeal most strongly with them (such as local events)
- Interests/hobbies: Knowing what type activities interest your target market will help give ideas about potential topics which could be used within future campaigns
4. Identify your goals, budget and resources available to get the job done right.
Now that you have a solid understanding of your business, it’s time to define the problem. Before you start creating a solution, it’s important to ask yourself: “What am I trying to achieve?”
There are two ways to approach this question: firstly, by identifying your goals; secondly, by breaking down the bigger picture into smaller tasks and then deciding which ones are most important. In our case it was both! We decided on four main goals (which we’ll get into below) and then broke those down into smaller tasks that would help us achieve them. This way we were able to make sure everyone knew what they were working towards–and why–and could stay motivated throughout the process.
5. Create a plan of attack for reaching your intended audience on their platforms of choice using content that relates to them best.
The fifth step in creating a digital marketing plan is to create a plan of attack for reaching your intended audience on their platforms of choice using content that relates to them best.
Once you’ve identified where your potential customers are hanging out online and what kind of content they want from businesses like yours (or even better: from YOU), plan how best to get their attention and convert those impressions into sales–or whatever else works best for YOUR business!
The most important thing is that you take the time to do it right, and make sure that everything aligns with your goals. Don’t rush through this process just because you think it will be easy! This step is critical for ensuring success in all aspects of your marketing efforts–from content creation and distribution strategies down to campaign tracking processes–and will help ensure that whatever steps are taken next are done so strategically rather than haphazardly (which could lead down an endless rabbit hole of wasted time).
The post How to Create a Killer Digital Marketing Plan in 5 Easy Steps appeared first on Blogtrepreneur.
from Blogtrepreneur https://ift.tt/6rs9Aha